This is an entry specially dedicated to my poor earrings which are probably already crushed, going to be melt down as metal and remade into some other metal object. :( :( :(
Dear Earrings, i remember the first time i saw you at the earring shop at siam square, i admit, you didnt really catch my eye. There were so many other more detailed pairs and under the spotlight, they looked really really nice. But then suddenly, u caught my eye. I placed you against my ears too see how you looked on me. You did not fail me. You even have 2 other siblings, brown and red. But somehow, your black attracted me most. i asked for your price. The shopkeeper told me an amount that i felt wasnt that reasonable for bangkok bought earrings, so i moved on.
Later on, somehow, we came back again. There you were, starring at me. I just knew i had to buy you. You looked good on me, and i looked good on you. We complimented each other, we were a perfect couple! So i started using my bargaining tactics and see how it went. It went down to SG$7. Still considered expensive for bkk earrings, but i knew i had to get you.
While you were in my bag, all the different ideas of how to wear you came popping into my mind. Somehow you looked sleek, you looked elegant, although you were relatively plain. Your gold and black body was in perfect shape.
Then one day, you hurt my ears while wearing headphones, so i took you off and placed you in tissue paper and put you on my desk, next to my computer. But $@T%# my forgetfulness, i didnt take you home with me. i left you alone in that office. Oh that dark, empty, lonely office, oohhhh, you must have been scared tiff. Believe me, i thought of you when i reached home and prayed no one touched you.
The next morning, the cleaning auntie saw you wrapped in tissue paper. She must have thought you were rubbish. But hey man! Couldn't she hear you "clink-ing" away. Your metal hitting against each other, trying to make your pressence known. But you failed. You were thrown away. Oh, thinking about the helpless you aches my heart. Bad. And i couldn't do anything to stop her.
I really can't continue writing the end of you. I'll cry. Believe me, i've searched high and low for you, you were just NOT there! i mourn for you earrings. I really do. I hope you'll come in another form to me soon. No "one" can replace you in my heart, but a friend of yours would be fine. It'll be hard to get over you, but i'll try, i promise.
You will be greatly missed.
I only wore you twice and u left me just like that.
I hate my forgetfulness, it caused you your death!
We shall all mourn for you.
Please take 1 minute off from whatever you're doing in memory of my beloved, Earrings.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home